Friday, November 19, 2010

Grilled Gruyere on Pumpkin Bread Panini

Our second fall classic. Pumpkin. I love the smell of pumpkin bread something fierce! For this panini, I made the bread. Granted, it was from a box, but there really is something special about making the bread yourself. That being said, I do not intend to make the bread at home. There is also something special about having the bread readily available in my bakery lol.

Anyhoo, this is a very simple recipe. And a very delicious one. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2" thick slices of homemade Pumpkin bread (I used Libby's boxed brand. It brandished 2 loaves and came with icing. I did not use the icing.)
  • 2-3 1/4" thick slices of Gruyere cheese
Serves 2

My very first homemade baked bread



Pumpkin-y goodness


I ripped the cheese in have to give it a rustic look, haha


Place on preheated grill 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the bread


Pumpkin bread remains very moist, and therefore can get a little crumbly.


Ooey gooey velvety fun
Grilled Gruyere on Pumpkin Bread Panini

Gruyere is a unique little cheese. It's nutty and fruity at the same time. It compliments the sweet Pumpkin perrrrrrfectly and is one of the finest melting cheeses going. It gives such a warm, harvest feel. It is by far the most popular panini I've made. Simply delicious, it gets better with every bite. 

1 comment:

  1. Very descriptive recipe, the images are very inviting. If you actually made this yourself, I think you need to start a restaurant...

    ReplyDelete