Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Monkey in the Middle"

I knew I had to do a peanut butter sandwich. I just had to jazz it up TPPB style! The question was how? Then it hit me..almond butter and chocolate! As I was trying to figure out a cutesy name for the sandwich, it dawned on me: add banana! That's how "Monkey in the Middle" was born.


Ingredients
  • 1 banana
  • Generous amount of Chunky Almond Butter (I used Blue Diamond brand in a pinch)
  • 1 small loaf of Chocolate Chip Bread (again from Panetico in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn)

Serves 2

Chocolate Chip Bread



Almond Butter


Banana


Slice in quarters


Super Chunky


I wasn't kidding about being generous! :o)


Add bananas to only one side, so the monkey is in the middle!

These breads tend to be loaded with butter so no need to grease the grill first.
3-5 minutes on a medium high heat depending on thickness of the bread.


"Monkey in the Middle"
Chunky Almond Butter with Banana on Chocolate Chip Bread
 (Disregard the incorrect date on the camera. Baby steps...)




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm honored to join your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are going to love this, monkey in the middle sandwich, too cute, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name for the sandwich... sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete